A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will perform the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Contact Us or call: 904-296-6820