One of the primary concerns people often have about dental braces is the aesthetic impact of the metalwork on their smiles. Especially for adults, the prospect of wearing unattractive metal braces for long periods of time can be very discouraging. Invisalign® offers an almost invisible aligning system that straightens teeth fast and contains no metal. Martinez Dental Solutions offers this convenient and comfortable teeth straightening method. Request an appointment today.
What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® treatment consists of a series of custom-made aligning trays. The dentist changes the trays every two weeks to fit the new tooth configuration. In addition to the reduced visual impact, Invisalign® aligning trays can be temporarily removed for important occasions – meaning that treatment duration is patient-controlled. A great number of people report complete satisfaction with both the Invisalign® treatment and the stunning results.
Bite Problems Invisalign® Can Correct
Invisalign® corrects the same dental problems as traditional metal braces. The only difference is that Invisalign® trays are almost invisible to the naked eye and can be removed at will.
Below are some problems that are commonly corrected with Invisalign®:
- Overcrowding: This occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease
- Large gaps between teeth: This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw continues to grow abnormally
- Crossbite: This common dental problem occurs when one or more upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. As a consequence, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and gum disease
- Overbite: This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely over, the lower teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ may occur
Advantages of Invisalign® Over Traditional Braces & Veneers
Traditional dental braces, Invisalign® aligning trays, and dental veneers are three different ways to perfect the alignment of teeth. There are many different considerations to make when deciding which treatment will be best. Each of these options works better in certain situations.
Invisalign® differs from traditional braces in that the aligning trays are fully removable. This means that more discipline and commitment are required from the patient. This is not usually a problem since the trays are comfortable and nearly invisible. Almost identical results can be obtained by using either treatment.
Invisalign® is preferable to veneers in many cases because, unlike veneers, Invisalign® actually straightens the teeth. Veneers are thin covers that the dentist permanently affixes to the teeth. Teeth must be etched beforehand, meaning that to remove dental veneers, an alternative covering must be constructed. In addition to being somewhat expensive, veneers can break and often last for less than 20 years.
Invisalign® Treatment Process
First, the dentist needs to devise an initial treatment plan before creating the special aligning trays. Three-dimensional digital images are taken of the entire jaw. These images allow the dentist to move specific teeth on the screen, view the jaw from different angles, and also foresee what the face might look like in years to come. In essence, this technology can show how Invisalign® trays will change facial aesthetics.
Once planning is complete, a unique set of aligners is made. The total number of aligners required varies with each individual case, but 20 sets are typical.Request Appointment
Considerations When Wearing Invisalign® Trays
Life with Invisalign® aligning trays may take time to get used to. The trays should be worn constantly, except when eating and drinking. It is important to remove the trays when consuming food or drink because food can become trapped between the tray and the teeth, causing tooth decay.
Usually, new trays are required every two weeks, and progress between appointments can be seen with the naked eye. There is no doubt that Invisalign® aligning trays have revolutionized orthodontics. Invisalign® is renowned for being both comfortable and effective.
Choose Us as Your Invisalign® Dentist
- We only use the highest quality materials, most advanced technology, and first-rate dentistry practices
- Our dentists are caring and thoughtful professionals that provide dental solutions that are second-to-none
- We follow strict sterilization techniques and cross-contamination prevention regulations as set by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
The dental hygienist is very sweet and knowledgeable. I just love the atmosphere and the Doctor there too. I have had quite a bit of work done and they have made it seamless and comfortable (as it can be anyway).
Your #1 Choice for Dental Care in Jacksonville
Call us today to request an appointment for our dental care solutions. Along with being your Invisalign® dentist, we also provide dental exams, cleaning and preventative services, cosmetic dentistry solutions, and dental restorations. Located in Jacksonville, we serve San Marco, Orange Park, Atlantic Beach, St. Augustine, Fleming Island, and all nearby communities.Request Appointment