Oral Cancer Screenings
Oral cancer screening is an important step in caring for and maintaining your overall oral health. With the help of technology, the experts at Martinez Dental Solutions are capable of detecting abnormalities that are not visible to the naked eye. Call us today to request an appointment.
What is an Oral Cancer Screening?
Our dentists always look for abnormalities in the gum tissue during your dental exam. Unfortunately, we are limited in what we can see with the naked eye. Because of that, we use the Identafi 3000 Oral Cancer Screening System. This system includes a wand that uses three different light wavelengths that penetrate the gum tissue to help us find abnormalities. When an abnormality or suspicious tissue is found, a biopsy is performed and sent to a lab for further analysis.
When Should You Have an Oral Cancer Screening?
It’s always best to invest in a cancer screening at the first appointment to ensure there are no issues. At Martinez Dental Solutions, we highly recommend this advanced cancer screening for patients who:
- Show abnormalities in the gum tissue
- Are smokers or tobacco users
- Have a family history of oral cancer
Why Choose Us?
- No rotating doctors! Our dentists own and manage our dental offices, and you will always see the same dentist each time you visit
- We only use the highest quality materials, most advanced technology, and first-rate dentistry practices
- We have a multilingual staff to ensure every patient receives quality care geared toward restoring and enhancing their smile
- We follow strict sterilization techniques and cross-contamination prevention regulations as set by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Request an Appointment with Us Today
Call one of our dental offices today to request an appointment for any of the services we offer, including: dental exams, cleaning and prevention services, cosmetic dentistry, and dental restorations like inlays, onlays, crowns, and composite fillings. Our team serves Jacksonville, FL, neighborhoods and surrounding areas, including: Atlantic Beach, Southside, Doctors Inlet, Fleming Island, Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, Orange Park, Ponte Vedra Beach, Riverside, and San Marco.