Preventative Dental Sealants
A sealant is a thin, plastic coating applied to the chewing surface of molars, premolars, and any deep grooves (called pits and fissures) of teeth. More than 75% of dental decay begins in these deep grooves. Teeth with these conditions are hard to clean and are very susceptible to decay. A sealant from Martinez Dental Solutions protects the tooth by sealing deep grooves and creating a smooth, easy-to-clean surface.
Dental sealants can protect teeth from decay for many years but need to be checked for wear and chipping at regular dental visits. Call one of our Jacksonville dental offices to request a consultation today.
When Are Dental Sealants Needed?
- Adults: When tooth surfaces without decay have deep grooves or depressions
- Children and teenagers: As soon as the 6-year molars (the first permanent back teeth) appear or any time throughout the cavity prone years of ages six to 16
- Baby teeth: Occasionally, if teeth have deep grooves or depressions and the child is cavity prone
How Are Sealants Applied?
The tooth sealant procedure is easily administered by your dentist or dental hygienist, and the process takes only a couple of minutes per tooth. Proper home care, a balanced diet, and regular dental visits will aid in the life of your new sealants.
- Teeth to be sealed are thoroughly cleaned and then surrounded with cotton to keep the area dry
- A special solution is applied to the enamel surface to help the sealant bond to the tooth
- Teeth are then rinsed and dried
- Sealant material is carefully painted onto the enamel surface to cover the deep grooves or depressions
- Depending on the type of sealant used, the material will either harden automatically or with a special curing light
Dental Care for Cleanings & Prevention
In addition to our sealants for teeth, we provide several types of cleaning and prevention methods for your oral care:
- Dental exams
- Dental cleaning
- Fluoride treatments
- Home care
- Brushing and flossing aids
- Other oral hygiene aids
Valuable Dental Care Solutions
- We only use the highest quality materials, most advanced technology, and first-rate dentistry practices
- No rotating doctors! Our dentists own and manage our dental offices, and you will always see the same dentist each time you visit
- We have a multilingual staff to ensure every patient receives quality care geared toward restoring and enhancing their smile
- We follow strict sterilization techniques and cross-contamination prevention regulations as set by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
REQUEST A CONSULTATION WHEN YOU NEED SEALANTS FOR YOUR TEETH
Since 2006, we’ve been proudly serving Jacksonville, FL, and surrounding areas, including: Atlantic Beach, Southside, Doctors Inlet, Fleming Island, Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, Orange Park, Ponte Vedra Beach, Riverside, and San Marco. Request a consultation for our dental sealants, cleaning and prevention services, cosmetic dentistry, and dental restoration solutions.