At Martinez Dental Solutions, professional dental cleanings, which include periodontal cleanings, are performed by our Registered Dental Hygienists. These regularly scheduled appointments are crucial. They allow us to provide essential preventative care so you can enjoy optimal dental and physical health. Request an appointment by calling one of our Jacksonville offices today!
Our Expert Dental Cleanings
Once your dentist performs a dental exam and reviews your x-rays, he or she will determine the condition of your teeth, gums, and surrounding tissues. That will determine the type of cleaning you will need. These are the most common types:
Scaling & Root Planing (or “deep cleaning”) is a cleaning that is recommended for patients with deeper damage to gums and surrounding tissues, more calculus below the gumline, bone loss, and possibly more bleeding. Halitosis (bad breath), swelling, exudation (pus from gum tissue), and mobility in some teeth may also be present. All of these are signs of gum disease. Not all patients show the same symptoms, nor the same severity. This type of cleaning involves the removal of calculus above and below the gum tissue, as well as teeth polishing.
After a deep cleaning:
- It is normal to feel some tenderness of the gums for a day or two.
- Patients may need to take over-the counter pain medication, in case of pain or discomfort.
- We recommend rinsing with warm salt water (8 oz. of warm water with 1 tsp. of salt mixed in) twice a day for five days to aid in healing.
- Regular periodontal maintenance cleanings are recommended, usually every three or four months.
Benefits of Routine Dental Cleanings
Many dental complications arise from improper care, such as prolonging your routine teeth cleaning procedures for an inordinate amount of time. You wouldn't go years without an oil change. Why would you go years without a dental exam? The benefits of routine dental exams far outweigh their uncomfortable nature.
Here are some of the most common causes of gum disease:
Your Choice for Professional Family Dentistry
Our goal at Martinez Dental Solutions is to help patients reach and maintain maximum oral health by providing them with the highest quality dental care available. We do that by:
- We only use the highest quality materials, most advanced technology, and first-rate dentistry practices.
- Our dentists are caring and thoughtful professionals that provide dental solutions that are second-to-none.
- We have 3D imaging technology in-house for more precise treatment planning
- We have a multilingual staff to ensure every patient receives quality care geared toward restoring and enhancing their smile
Comprehensive Dental Care in Jacksonville
Request an appointment today for our dental cleaning services. Since 2006, we’ve been proudly serving Jacksonville, FL, neighborhoods and surrounding areas, including: Atlantic Beach, Southside, Doctors Inlet, Fleming Island, Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, Orange Park, Ponte Vedra Beach, Riverside, and San Marco. Take advantage of our full-service dental offices where we offer cosmetic dentistry, dental restoration, and more.